High Value Product Safety
We want to remind everyone that your loads, (especially this time of year) are targets for thieves. In addition to the usual good practices of keeping your loads safe, HVP loads require special attention. Our policy includes but is not limited to:
- Picking up the load with the required fuel and hours to run a minimum of 200 miles before stopping.
- Drivers must send Macro 32 at EVERY stop made during the trip. Before stopping, the driver must inform their FM of the exact location and how long they intend to stop.
- If a driver must leave the load unattended their FM MUST be notified before the driver exits the truck and the truck must be off, locked, and the keys in the driver’s possession with the seal intact.
- Park only in well-lit areas and back up to a stationary object to prevent doors from being opened.
- Never drop your trailer anywhere without prior approval from your FM, including terminals and drop yards.
- HVP loads can never be taken to or by a driver’s home and can’t stop within 50 miles of Las Vegas, Reno, LA, South Fl. NYC, or the Mexican border. Additionally, HVP loads cannot stop at any high theft areas like casinos, hotels, malls, side roads, or residential addresses.
- If with a team, one person must be with the load at all times.
Don’t try to deliver early without an appointment. You should plan food and fuel stops accordingly. HVP loads can only be dropped after obtaining permission from your FM. Our full HVP policy is on page 43 of the employee handbook.